Loan Applications

Federal, State and Institutional Loans

Have you completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)? All students seeking federal, and some state and institutional, financial aid must complete this form. Click the FAFSA link to the left if you wish to apply now. Information you have stored in My CFNC will be used to help complete your FAFSA.

College aid award letters often include specific loans for your consideration with instructions about how to apply. You should always follow the procedures preferred by your college or university.

Note: Before applying for a loan, you must first submit the FAFSA.

Federal Direct, PLUS or Consolidation Loans are available from the U.S. Department of Education. Please contact your college or university financial aid office for application information.

Learn more about these loans:


CFI Alternative Loans

CFI offers the NC Student Assist Loan to students and the NC Parent Assist Loan to parents of benefiting students.

  • Does the student attend an eligible Title IV Institution in North Carolina or reside in North Carolina?
  • Do you need help to bridge the gap between the cost of attendance and other financial aid?

Learn more about these fixed rate alternative loans now!